Wisbech student Shaney is in top three health and social care students in country
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old Wisbech student is one of the top three health and social care students in the country.
Shaney Sloan, 18, who studies at College of West Anglia, won the bronze award in national competition WorldSkills UK.
She was given scenarios where she had to demonstrate acts of care, dignity, privacy and the ability to meet patient needs and conditions.
“It was definitely a pressured situation but after the initial few scenarios, I almost forgot where I was and found myself completely in the zone,” she said.
“I could see the crowds of people out of the corner of my eye but I just had to get on with it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s boosted my confidence and was a once in a lifetime experience I won’t forget.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Two drink drivers lose their licences