Wisbech student Shaney is in top three health and social care students in country
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old Wisbech student is one of the top three health and social care students in the country.
Shaney Sloan, 18, who studies at College of West Anglia, won the bronze award in national competition WorldSkills UK.
She was given scenarios where she had to demonstrate acts of care, dignity, privacy and the ability to meet patient needs and conditions.
“It was definitely a pressured situation but after the initial few scenarios, I almost forgot where I was and found myself completely in the zone,” she said.
“I could see the crowds of people out of the corner of my eye but I just had to get on with it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s boosted my confidence and was a once in a lifetime experience I won’t forget.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry