Wisbech student Shaney is in top three health and social care students in country
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old Wisbech student is one of the top three health and social care students in the country.
Shaney Sloan, 18, who studies at College of West Anglia, won the bronze award in national competition WorldSkills UK.
She was given scenarios where she had to demonstrate acts of care, dignity, privacy and the ability to meet patient needs and conditions.
“It was definitely a pressured situation but after the initial few scenarios, I almost forgot where I was and found myself completely in the zone,” she said.
“I could see the crowds of people out of the corner of my eye but I just had to get on with it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s boosted my confidence and was a once in a lifetime experience I won’t forget.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal