Wisbech student Max Allen, 22, found dead by his father, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old “lively and happy” Wisbech man was found dead by his father in his home, an inquest heard.
Max Allen had been studying in Kenya and returned home during the spring holiday, King’s Lynn coroners’ court heard.
In statements, his mother and father said he was in a “distressed state” but wouldn’t tell his family why.
On April 27, he was found dead in Folgate Lane, Walpole St Peter, near Wisbech.
His mother, Lisa Bailey, said he had left a voice message saying he was sorry and that he was surrounded by police.
You may also want to watch:
At an inquest on December 1, senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said that due the voice message referring to police she could not be sure that he was in a clear state of mind and intended to end his own life.
She gave a short narrative conclusion of excessive ingestion of prescription medication, adding: “The evidence does not reveal his intention at the time.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
- 10 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim