Wisbech student Max Allen, 22, found dead by his father, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old “lively and happy” Wisbech man was found dead by his father in his home, an inquest heard.
Max Allen had been studying in Kenya and returned home during the spring holiday, King’s Lynn coroners’ court heard.
In statements, his mother and father said he was in a “distressed state” but wouldn’t tell his family why.
On April 27, he was found dead in Folgate Lane, Walpole St Peter, near Wisbech.
His mother, Lisa Bailey, said he had left a voice message saying he was sorry and that he was surrounded by police.
You may also want to watch:
At an inquest on December 1, senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said that due the voice message referring to police she could not be sure that he was in a clear state of mind and intended to end his own life.
She gave a short narrative conclusion of excessive ingestion of prescription medication, adding: “The evidence does not reveal his intention at the time.”
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager