Wisbech student Callum, 17, wins British Open for radio controlled bangers
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen year-old Callum Ogden triumphed at the British Open for radio controlled bangers.
The College of West Anglia student came out on top in a titanic tussle with rival Ian Rolfe at the SME Raceway in Wisbech.
Callum, who started racing three years ago, said: “It was a really hard race between us. There were only a couple of laps in it.”
A love of banger racing runs in the family, Callum says.
He said: “My dad watched banger racing in King’s Lynn. It’s cheaper racing radio controlled bangers than the real thing.
You may also want to watch:
“I enjoy racing. It’s fun to make cars and compete with other people.”
Callum will be in action at a charity race day in aid of Billy Lee at SME Raceway on June 20.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'