Wisbech student Callum, 17, wins British Open for radio controlled bangers
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen year-old Callum Ogden triumphed at the British Open for radio controlled bangers.
The College of West Anglia student came out on top in a titanic tussle with rival Ian Rolfe at the SME Raceway in Wisbech.
Callum, who started racing three years ago, said: “It was a really hard race between us. There were only a couple of laps in it.”
A love of banger racing runs in the family, Callum says.
He said: “My dad watched banger racing in King’s Lynn. It’s cheaper racing radio controlled bangers than the real thing.
You may also want to watch:
“I enjoy racing. It’s fun to make cars and compete with other people.”
Callum will be in action at a charity race day in aid of Billy Lee at SME Raceway on June 20.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success