Wisbech Stroke Club gets helping hand from town and parish council
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech and District Stroke Club has received a major financial boost.
The club, which holds meetings to support stroke survivors, have been donated £350 by Elm Parish Council and £250 for Wisbech Town Council.
Secretary Peter Fewster said: “It is not easy to obtain funds for community groups without having a specific project in mind for organisations to consider when distributing their charitable funds.
“However both Wisbech Town Council and Elm Parish Council have recently made generous donations to our club that will help with our running costs and subsidise activities and outings that we organise to enhance the lives of our stroke survivor members.
“We try rebuilding of confidence so often lost after a stroke. We also do our best to signpost any members in need of help or advice to any appropriate organisation.”
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on the second and last Friday of each month at Wisbech Library from 1.15pm to 3.15pm.
For more details, call 07501 980603 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease