Wisbech Stroke Club gets helping hand from town and parish council
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech and District Stroke Club has received a major financial boost.
The club, which holds meetings to support stroke survivors, have been donated £350 by Elm Parish Council and £250 for Wisbech Town Council.
Secretary Peter Fewster said: “It is not easy to obtain funds for community groups without having a specific project in mind for organisations to consider when distributing their charitable funds.
“However both Wisbech Town Council and Elm Parish Council have recently made generous donations to our club that will help with our running costs and subsidise activities and outings that we organise to enhance the lives of our stroke survivor members.
“We try rebuilding of confidence so often lost after a stroke. We also do our best to signpost any members in need of help or advice to any appropriate organisation.”
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on the second and last Friday of each month at Wisbech Library from 1.15pm to 3.15pm.
For more details, call 07501 980603 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road