How to keep your pets safe this Christmas – official naughty and nice food list
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech pet owners have been warned of the damage that some of our festive foods can do to our pets.
Pets at Home in Wisbech have released a ‘naughty and nice’ list with all of our festive treats that are okay and not okay for our furry friends.
Leanne Hitchin, store manager, said: “A pet’s diet is essential when it comes to their health and wellbeing, but with all the delicious smells and tastes of Christmas it can be tempting to treat your furry friend to some delicious festive treats.
“Some human foods are okay to feed to your dog, but should be strictly limited to foods from the ‘nice list’ and served in very small quantities only.”
Most people don’t know that many Christmas foods, such as mince pies and chocolate, can be harmful to canines - and too much of any strange food can upset a dog’s stomach.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne added: “We’d recommend treating your pets to some exciting new Christmas toys or treats instead.
“We even offer pet-friendly versions of festive favourites, such as mince pies and candy canes, so your dog can safely enjoy the Christmas fun too.”
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 8 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 9 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants