Stan hangs up his newspaper bag after delivering the Wisbech Standard for 15 years
- Credit: Alan Wheeldon
A Wisbech Standard delivery man has hung up his newspaper bag for the last time - and over the years he has walked a distance that’s equivalent to walking from Wisbech to New York and back.
Mike ‘Stan’ Capps has been dedicated to his delivery round for 15 years, making sure residents were able to keep up with free local news every Friday.
And to show their appreciation, residents in Leach Close handed him three hampers packed with goodies to enjoy during his retirement.
Mike Wheeldon, one resident, said: “Mike has been delivering the Wisbech Standard for 15 years but he felt it was now time for him to hang up his newspaper bag and put his feet up.
“I’m not surprised as I have worked out that over the years Mike has walked the equivalent distance of walking from Wisbech to New York and back.”
You may also want to watch:
And a big ‘Thank You’ Mike from everyone at the Wisbech Standard.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find