Stan hangs up his newspaper bag after delivering the Wisbech Standard for 15 years
- Credit: Alan Wheeldon
A Wisbech Standard delivery man has hung up his newspaper bag for the last time - and over the years he has walked a distance that’s equivalent to walking from Wisbech to New York and back.
Mike ‘Stan’ Capps has been dedicated to his delivery round for 15 years, making sure residents were able to keep up with free local news every Friday.
And to show their appreciation, residents in Leach Close handed him three hampers packed with goodies to enjoy during his retirement.
Mike Wheeldon, one resident, said: “Mike has been delivering the Wisbech Standard for 15 years but he felt it was now time for him to hang up his newspaper bag and put his feet up.
“I’m not surprised as I have worked out that over the years Mike has walked the equivalent distance of walking from Wisbech to New York and back.”
You may also want to watch:
And a big ‘Thank You’ Mike from everyone at the Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit