Wisbech St Mary’s hidden gardens to be opened to the public this month
- Credit: Archant
Forget Chelsea – Wisbech St Mary is the place to be for floral displays this summer.
Nine village gardens, normally hidden from the public, are to be opened on Sunday June 18.
A spokesman said: “It’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day - enjoying other’s gardens - without having a do any gardening yourself!
“Great for families, young and old alike, come and get inspired - or just relax!”
The gardens will feature 90 different types of hosta, as well as over 300 different cacti and succulents.
As well as the floral displays, live music will be on offer with a performance from the Beauvale Ensemble from 12.30pm.
Entrance, which this year includes the chance to visit Fens Falconry, a free programme and a map, is £4. Accompanied under 16s are free.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
For more information, call organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole on 01945 410772 or 07584 341160.