Wisbech St Mary’s hidden gardens to be opened to the public this month
- Credit: Archant
Forget Chelsea – Wisbech St Mary is the place to be for floral displays this summer.
Nine village gardens, normally hidden from the public, are to be opened on Sunday June 18.
A spokesman said: “It’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day - enjoying other’s gardens - without having a do any gardening yourself!
“Great for families, young and old alike, come and get inspired - or just relax!”
The gardens will feature 90 different types of hosta, as well as over 300 different cacti and succulents.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the floral displays, live music will be on offer with a performance from the Beauvale Ensemble from 12.30pm.
Entrance, which this year includes the chance to visit Fens Falconry, a free programme and a map, is £4. Accompanied under 16s are free.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
For more information, call organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole on 01945 410772 or 07584 341160.