Wisbech St Mary’s hidden gardens to be opened to the public this month
- Credit: Archant
Forget Chelsea – Wisbech St Mary is the place to be for floral displays this summer.
Nine village gardens, normally hidden from the public, are to be opened on Sunday June 18.
A spokesman said: “It’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day - enjoying other’s gardens - without having a do any gardening yourself!
“Great for families, young and old alike, come and get inspired - or just relax!”
The gardens will feature 90 different types of hosta, as well as over 300 different cacti and succulents.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the floral displays, live music will be on offer with a performance from the Beauvale Ensemble from 12.30pm.
Entrance, which this year includes the chance to visit Fens Falconry, a free programme and a map, is £4. Accompanied under 16s are free.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
For more information, call organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole on 01945 410772 or 07584 341160.