Wisbech St Mary’s hidden gardens to be opened to the public this month
- Credit: Archant
Forget Chelsea – Wisbech St Mary is the place to be for floral displays this summer.
Nine village gardens, normally hidden from the public, are to be opened on Sunday June 18.
A spokesman said: “It’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day - enjoying other’s gardens - without having a do any gardening yourself!
“Great for families, young and old alike, come and get inspired - or just relax!”
The gardens will feature 90 different types of hosta, as well as over 300 different cacti and succulents.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the floral displays, live music will be on offer with a performance from the Beauvale Ensemble from 12.30pm.
Entrance, which this year includes the chance to visit Fens Falconry, a free programme and a map, is £4. Accompanied under 16s are free.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
For more information, call organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole on 01945 410772 or 07584 341160.