Wisbech St Mary pupil named ‘Top 11-year-old boy’ at a Cambridgeshire swimming championship
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech St Mary’s CoE pupil, Maximilian Veiga, has been named ‘Top 11-year-old boy’ at the ASA Cambridgeshire County Swimming Championships.
The title comes after winning nine gold and four silver medals on behalf of the City of Ely Amateur Swimming Club.
It was straight back to work for Maximilian and his team who fought the heavy snowfall to make it to the March Long Course Open Meet at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
Ely’s star swimmers jumped to the opportunity to get in some important experience in a 50m long course facility.
Maximilian picked up another two gold, three silver and one bronze medal swimming on Saturday (March 3).
You may also want to watch:
His team mates where equally as successful, breaking personal bests and claiming more medals for the club.
Other team members leading the club to victory were, Georgia Holgate with one gold and two bronze; Tia Hill with one bronze; Daniel Kendall with two silver and three bronze; Adrian Kwiecien with one gold and Iona Trainer with three silver and two bronze medals.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 5 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 6 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 7 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash