Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens raise £1,860 for charities
- Credit: Archant
A series of open garden events in Wisbech St Mary raised £1,860 for two charities: Macmillan Cancer Support and Wisbech St Mary Church Restoration Fund.
Organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole said: “We are delighted with the 300-plus turnout and overwhelmed by the support from all the garden owners, who worked so hard preparing for the day to make it such a success. We would also like to thank all the helpers and visitors.
“Beautiful blooms, ponds and water features, cottage gardens and falconry demonstrations also attracted lots of interest.
“Nature quizzes kept adults and children busy, whilst others sat relaxing in gardens enjoying cream teas, homemade cakes and wood fired cooked pizzas. Raffles and plants sales also raised money for the charities.
One visitor said: “We come every year and there’s always something new and interesting to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in next year’s event should contact Jayne Walpole on 07584 341160.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films