Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens raise £1,860 for charities
- Credit: Archant
A series of open garden events in Wisbech St Mary raised £1,860 for two charities: Macmillan Cancer Support and Wisbech St Mary Church Restoration Fund.
Organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole said: “We are delighted with the 300-plus turnout and overwhelmed by the support from all the garden owners, who worked so hard preparing for the day to make it such a success. We would also like to thank all the helpers and visitors.
“Beautiful blooms, ponds and water features, cottage gardens and falconry demonstrations also attracted lots of interest.
“Nature quizzes kept adults and children busy, whilst others sat relaxing in gardens enjoying cream teas, homemade cakes and wood fired cooked pizzas. Raffles and plants sales also raised money for the charities.
One visitor said: “We come every year and there’s always something new and interesting to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in next year’s event should contact Jayne Walpole on 07584 341160.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 10 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support