Pedestrian hospitalised with serious injuries after hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was taken to hospital with serious injuries after a hit and run in Wisbech St Mary.
Police are appealing for information following the collision in Leverington Common yesterday (Sunday November 29).
Officers were called when a passer-by reported a black Nissan Qashqai being involved in a crash with a man at about 9.25pm.
The driver of the Nissan reportedly slowed to a stop after the collision but then left the scene shortly afterwards.
Emergency services attended and the pedestrian was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries. He remains there today in critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
DI Garry Webb said: “We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who was driving in the area around the time of the incident who may have seen the Nissan or the pedestrian prior to the collision.”
Anyone who saw the collision or the lead-up to it, or has dashcam footage, is urged to contact police via web chat or by calling 101, quoting incident number 450 of November 29.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout