Wisbech St Mary firm Delamore enter a team into the Great East Anglia Run to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fen firm will be pulling on their running shoes to raise money for charity when they take part in a 10K road race through the streets of King’s Lynn.
Delamore staff are in training for the Bespak Grand East Anglia Run (GEAR) event on May 1.
The run follows on from a successful team that entered the GEAR event some years ago when the Wisbech St Mary firm ran to raise funds for a charity chosen by one of its late employees, Annette Hatter.
Managing director Wayne Eady said: “You were all so generous at that time and we raised over £8,000 for Macmillan Cancer charities. Amazing work has been done with the money we raised and it was great opportunity for us as a business to do something collectively for such a great charity.
“Recently, events have reminded us of our collective desire to continue to help good causes when we can. We are therefore about to do it all again!
You may also want to watch:
“This time around, we are running for Cancer Research UK and Alzheimer’s Society, splitting whatever we raise 50/50 between them.
“We already have 20 runners engaged and are still actively recruiting for the team.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
“We appreciate that there are many calls for help these days from so many very good causes so please only give if you believe in what we are doing and would like to help us do so.”