Drink driver arrested for being four times legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested for being four times the legal limit in Wisbech St Mary.
They were arrested on suspicion of drink driving after providing a positive roadside reading of 141. However the legal limit is 35.
The driver was taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn and inquires are ongoing.
In a separate incident a disqualified and uninsured driver ended up spending the night in a cell after they were found to be twice the legal limit. They also had their vehicle seized.
Writing on the FenCops Twitter page, the officer who dealt with the incident said at the time: “Why are people not following #StayAtHome during this #covid19?
You may also want to watch:
“If this driver had done that he would not now be sitting in a cell at the PIC for drink driving, disqualified driving and no insurance. Vehicle seized. Inquires continue.”
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run