Seasonal cheer with tree festival and Christmas fayre at Wisbech St Mary church
- Credit: Archant
Sparkling lights and festive music filled the church at Wisbech St Mary when a Christmas fayre and tree festival was held.
The event raised more than £1,130 towards ongoing church restoration work.
Churchwarden Richard Gilbert said: “Big thanks must go to everybody who worked so hard as a team to stage this, the result was a very successful event.
“Alongside all of this we had a well attended carol service with 100 people enjoying traditional carols.”
The Christmas fayre offered visitors home made food, craft, refreshments, raffles, bric a brac and tombola.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second year the church has held the tree festival which attracted colourful and creative entries from schools and local community groups.
Christmas services at Wisbech St Mary are:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
• Midnight mass is at 11.30pm.
• Christmas Day Holy Communion is at 11am.
• New Year’s Eve there will be a joint church service at 10.30am.