Wisbech solicitors raise £730 for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- Credit: Archant
A team of five Wisbech solicitors raised £730 for charity by taking part in a 10k run.
Claire James, Helen Robinson, Holly Hanslip, Natasha Maslakova and Aimee Edwards, who work at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar (MCP), all successfully completed the Great East Anglia Run 10k with most achieving new personal bests.
The team decided to raise funds for The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - a cause which is close to their hearts.
Team member Helen said: “Aimee’s granddad has got a guide dog so I think that’s why we chose the charity.
“The run went really well and it was a very nice day - the weather was perfect.
You may also want to watch:
“And we all enjoyed it thoroughly, and hopefully we’ll be doing it again next year.
“We would like to thank all those that helped raise funds and that cheered the team on during the run.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Entries for the 2018 GEAR 10K are now open. Enter online at www.gear10k18.eventdesq.com