Wisbech solicitors raise £730 for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- Credit: Archant
A team of five Wisbech solicitors raised £730 for charity by taking part in a 10k run.
Claire James, Helen Robinson, Holly Hanslip, Natasha Maslakova and Aimee Edwards, who work at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar (MCP), all successfully completed the Great East Anglia Run 10k with most achieving new personal bests.
The team decided to raise funds for The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - a cause which is close to their hearts.
Team member Helen said: “Aimee’s granddad has got a guide dog so I think that’s why we chose the charity.
“The run went really well and it was a very nice day - the weather was perfect.
You may also want to watch:
“And we all enjoyed it thoroughly, and hopefully we’ll be doing it again next year.
“We would like to thank all those that helped raise funds and that cheered the team on during the run.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
Entries for the 2018 GEAR 10K are now open. Enter online at www.gear10k18.eventdesq.com