Wisbech solicitors raise £730 for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- Credit: Archant
A team of five Wisbech solicitors raised £730 for charity by taking part in a 10k run.
Claire James, Helen Robinson, Holly Hanslip, Natasha Maslakova and Aimee Edwards, who work at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar (MCP), all successfully completed the Great East Anglia Run 10k with most achieving new personal bests.
The team decided to raise funds for The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - a cause which is close to their hearts.
Team member Helen said: “Aimee’s granddad has got a guide dog so I think that’s why we chose the charity.
“The run went really well and it was a very nice day - the weather was perfect.
“And we all enjoyed it thoroughly, and hopefully we’ll be doing it again next year.
“We would like to thank all those that helped raise funds and that cheered the team on during the run.”
- 1 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 4 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 5 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 8 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 9 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
Entries for the 2018 GEAR 10K are now open. Enter online at www.gear10k18.eventdesq.com