Wisbech solicitors raise £730 for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- Credit: Archant
A team of five Wisbech solicitors raised £730 for charity by taking part in a 10k run.
Claire James, Helen Robinson, Holly Hanslip, Natasha Maslakova and Aimee Edwards, who work at Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar (MCP), all successfully completed the Great East Anglia Run 10k with most achieving new personal bests.
The team decided to raise funds for The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - a cause which is close to their hearts.
Team member Helen said: “Aimee’s granddad has got a guide dog so I think that’s why we chose the charity.
“The run went really well and it was a very nice day - the weather was perfect.
You may also want to watch:
“And we all enjoyed it thoroughly, and hopefully we’ll be doing it again next year.
“We would like to thank all those that helped raise funds and that cheered the team on during the run.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Entries for the 2018 GEAR 10K are now open. Enter online at www.gear10k18.eventdesq.com