WISBECH: Snozzcumbers and frobscottle on menu at Big Friendly Giant-themed play day
SNOZZCUMBERS and frobscottle were the order of the day at a Fenland primary school on Saturday, when it hosted a play day themed on the Big Friendly Giant. More than 200 people – children and adults – turned up for the play day at Orchards Primary School
SNOZZCUMBERS and frobscottle were the order of the day at a Fenland primary school on Saturday, when it hosted a play day themed on the Big Friendly Giant.
More than 200 people - children and adults - turned up for the play day at Orchards Primary School in Wisbech.
The day, aimed at encouraging children to play and use their imaginations, used Roald Dahl's classic tale as its theme.
Children took part in face painting, story telling, snozzcumber making and creating their own scary giant out of potatoes.
Other highlights included "Make your own dream catchers", traditional playground games such as hopscotch and "What's the time Mr Wolf?" and perhaps the most popular activity - den making, using cardboard boxes and everyday items.
Visitor Terri Adams, who took her nephew to the event, said: "It was really good, and there was such a friendly atmosphere.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
"My little nephew didn't know what to do or play with next, there was so much for him to do. But I may have had even more fun than him.