WISBECH: Snozzcumbers and frobscottle on menu at Big Friendly Giant-themed play day
SNOZZCUMBERS and frobscottle were the order of the day at a Fenland primary school on Saturday, when it hosted a play day themed on the Big Friendly Giant. More than 200 people – children and adults – turned up for the play day at Orchards Primary School
SNOZZCUMBERS and frobscottle were the order of the day at a Fenland primary school on Saturday, when it hosted a play day themed on the Big Friendly Giant.
More than 200 people - children and adults - turned up for the play day at Orchards Primary School in Wisbech.
The day, aimed at encouraging children to play and use their imaginations, used Roald Dahl's classic tale as its theme.
Children took part in face painting, story telling, snozzcumber making and creating their own scary giant out of potatoes.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights included "Make your own dream catchers", traditional playground games such as hopscotch and "What's the time Mr Wolf?" and perhaps the most popular activity - den making, using cardboard boxes and everyday items.
Visitor Terri Adams, who took her nephew to the event, said: "It was really good, and there was such a friendly atmosphere.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
"My little nephew didn't know what to do or play with next, there was so much for him to do. But I may have had even more fun than him.