Wisbech sixth former Katy raises £2,800 for Children & The Arts with exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Months of hard work and planning has helped a sixth form student at Wisbech Grammar School raise £2,800 for charity.
Katy Landles raised the money for Children & The Arts by hosting an art auction at the school with the support of teachers and staff.
She said: “I have always been passionate about art having grown up constantly making arts and crafts on the kitchen table or visiting exhibitions and galleries.
“My dad and uncle run an auction house so from an early age I have been involved with helping ‘lot up’ as well as watching the auction take place.”
But she says organising an art auction whilst studying for her A-Levels wasn’t easy.
You may also want to watch:
“At times it was incredibly stressful, however for the majority of the time I absolutely loved it. To start with, I didn’t expect to get more than 25 works so to end up with 50 was an incredible surprise and achievement.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal