WISBECH: Site chosen at The Spinney for new adventure playground in Waterlees
A SITE has been chosen for a new adventure playground in the Waterlees district of Wisbech. After consultation with local residents, The Spinney was chosen as the best site for the project, which is funded by the Department for Children, Schools and Fami
A SITE has been chosen for a new adventure playground in the Waterlees district of Wisbech.
After consultation with local residents, The Spinney was chosen as the best site for the project, which is funded by the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) and delivered in partnership with Cambridgeshire County Council and Fenland District Council.
The playground, which is still subject to planning approval, is due to open in March 2010. It will be free to use and will be staffed during opening hours.
There will be further opportunities for residents to give their views on the design of the playground this summer, when more consultation will take place at The Spinney. Schools will also be involved.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the project should contact Tanya Edgell, Wisbech Locality Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01945 585128.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 3 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder