WISBECH: Site chosen at The Spinney for new adventure playground in Waterlees
A SITE has been chosen for a new adventure playground in the Waterlees district of Wisbech. After consultation with local residents, The Spinney was chosen as the best site for the project, which is funded by the Department for Children, Schools and Fami
A SITE has been chosen for a new adventure playground in the Waterlees district of Wisbech.
After consultation with local residents, The Spinney was chosen as the best site for the project, which is funded by the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) and delivered in partnership with Cambridgeshire County Council and Fenland District Council.
The playground, which is still subject to planning approval, is due to open in March 2010. It will be free to use and will be staffed during opening hours.
There will be further opportunities for residents to give their views on the design of the playground this summer, when more consultation will take place at The Spinney. Schools will also be involved.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the project should contact Tanya Edgell, Wisbech Locality Manager at email@example.com or on 01945 585128.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager