WISBECH: Shops and local businesses need You! As Chamber of Commerce launches campaign
IT was used to stir up patriotism during the First World War and now Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce are hoping it will have the same effect on persuading shoppers to support local businesses. The Chamber has launched a campaign urging shoppers t
IT was used to stir up patriotism during the First World War and now Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce are hoping it will have the same effect on persuading shoppers to support local businesses.
The Chamber has launched a campaign urging shoppers to support local businesses using the popular and effective Great War poster with Lord Kitchener - Your Country Needs You.
Posters are being displayed in windows of shops and businesses.
Chamber President Kevin Smith said: "We are very pleased to launch this campaign which we hope will send out a very clear message to shoppers that our shops and businesses need their support now."
Mr Smith said the campaign was urging the public to take a second look at Wisbech before spending valuable time and money travelling outside the area.
He added: "We all feel sad at the loss of any business in Wisbech so we need shoppers to support our hard working retailers to help them get through this recession, which in turn will preserve our unique and vibrant retailers of the future."
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
The posters are being distributed throughout the town but can also be collected from Fotogenic in Hill Street.