Wisbech shopping centre manager is rewarded
- Credit: Archant
Staging a range of entertainment for local people has put the manager of the Wisbech shopping centre on the map.
Kevin Smith, from the Horsefair, has received a shopping centre manager of the year award for marketing and events.
He was presented with the award from the centre owners, NewRiver Retail, at the group’s annual conference earlier.
The award recognises Kevin’s ongoing hard work to promote the shopping centre and the Wisbech area, as well as his continuous efforts to provide entertainment for the community by bringing people together for events at the centre.
One of his most recent successes was the Halloween event that saw hundreds of children taking part in a Trick or Treat extravaganza.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin commented: “NewRiver Retail own over 25 centres around the country so to be recognised ahead of all the other centres is amazing, particularly considering how small the Horsefair is compared to some of the other centres.”
Lucy Mitchell, marketing manager at NewRiver Retail, said: “He has delivered a wide variety of fantastic events and initiatives for the Horsefair so we are delighted to recognise his great achievements.”
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find