Wisbech shopping centre manager is rewarded
- Credit: Archant
Staging a range of entertainment for local people has put the manager of the Wisbech shopping centre on the map.
Kevin Smith, from the Horsefair, has received a shopping centre manager of the year award for marketing and events.
He was presented with the award from the centre owners, NewRiver Retail, at the group’s annual conference earlier.
The award recognises Kevin’s ongoing hard work to promote the shopping centre and the Wisbech area, as well as his continuous efforts to provide entertainment for the community by bringing people together for events at the centre.
One of his most recent successes was the Halloween event that saw hundreds of children taking part in a Trick or Treat extravaganza.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin commented: “NewRiver Retail own over 25 centres around the country so to be recognised ahead of all the other centres is amazing, particularly considering how small the Horsefair is compared to some of the other centres.”
Lucy Mitchell, marketing manager at NewRiver Retail, said: “He has delivered a wide variety of fantastic events and initiatives for the Horsefair so we are delighted to recognise his great achievements.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47