Wisbech shopping centre manager is rewarded
- Credit: Archant
Staging a range of entertainment for local people has put the manager of the Wisbech shopping centre on the map.
Kevin Smith, from the Horsefair, has received a shopping centre manager of the year award for marketing and events.
He was presented with the award from the centre owners, NewRiver Retail, at the group’s annual conference earlier.
The award recognises Kevin’s ongoing hard work to promote the shopping centre and the Wisbech area, as well as his continuous efforts to provide entertainment for the community by bringing people together for events at the centre.
One of his most recent successes was the Halloween event that saw hundreds of children taking part in a Trick or Treat extravaganza.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin commented: “NewRiver Retail own over 25 centres around the country so to be recognised ahead of all the other centres is amazing, particularly considering how small the Horsefair is compared to some of the other centres.”
Lucy Mitchell, marketing manager at NewRiver Retail, said: “He has delivered a wide variety of fantastic events and initiatives for the Horsefair so we are delighted to recognise his great achievements.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success