WISBECH: Shoppers join in the celebrations as town celebrates its annual apple day
SHOPPERS in Wisbech found time to help celebrate some of the finest apples grown in the area at the weekend. Apple Days on Friday and Saturday proved a bit hit with residents and visitors who were all keen to sample the delights of local orchards. It is t
SHOPPERS in Wisbech found time to help celebrate some of the finest apples grown in the area at the weekend.
Apple Days on Friday and Saturday proved a bit hit with residents and visitors who were all keen to sample the delights of local orchards.
It is the fourth year the event has been held and it is organised by wisARD , Wisbech Area Regeneration and Development Trust with the support of Fenland District Council, Wisbech Town Council and Fenland Arts.
Activities centred on the Market Place and there were lots of free recipe leaflets and apple products donated by local companies Del Monte and Stream Foods.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday there were different varieties of apples for sale with some being coated in toffee and chocolate.
In the Horsefair Shopping Centre there was face painting and at the Trinity Church apple based refreshments were available.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
FenVAC joined forces with Wisbech Art Club to present an exhibition at The Castle featuring art work inspired by David Wheatley's apple orchard in Wisbech St Mary.