WISBECH: Shoppers join in the celebrations as town celebrates its annual apple day
SHOPPERS in Wisbech found time to help celebrate some of the finest apples grown in the area at the weekend. Apple Days on Friday and Saturday proved a bit hit with residents and visitors who were all keen to sample the delights of local orchards. It is t
SHOPPERS in Wisbech found time to help celebrate some of the finest apples grown in the area at the weekend.
Apple Days on Friday and Saturday proved a bit hit with residents and visitors who were all keen to sample the delights of local orchards.
It is the fourth year the event has been held and it is organised by wisARD , Wisbech Area Regeneration and Development Trust with the support of Fenland District Council, Wisbech Town Council and Fenland Arts.
Activities centred on the Market Place and there were lots of free recipe leaflets and apple products donated by local companies Del Monte and Stream Foods.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday there were different varieties of apples for sale with some being coated in toffee and chocolate.
In the Horsefair Shopping Centre there was face painting and at the Trinity Church apple based refreshments were available.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
FenVAC joined forces with Wisbech Art Club to present an exhibition at The Castle featuring art work inspired by David Wheatley's apple orchard in Wisbech St Mary.