Wisbech set to close driving test centre from March with the promise of better service
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March. The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean better facilities for customers and be more cost effective. A spokesman said the closure follows a review o
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March.
The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean "better facilities for customers" and be more cost effective.
A spokesman said the closure follows a review "of service provision in the area since the opening of the multi purpose test centre in Kings Lynn in June 2008".
DSA says it will continue to meet waiting time targets as the facility at Kings Lynn can meet the demand after Wisbech closes on March 18.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "The closure is part of DSA's continuing programme to reduce costs by moving to an improved estate from which to offer practical driving and riding tests.
"The new multi-purpose test centres are modern, purpose-built, Disability Discrimination Act compliant centres, providing improved facilities for both customers and staff."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
The agency added that the Wisbech test centre has no permanent staff.
• To email your comments click here