Wisbech set to close driving test centre from March with the promise of better service
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March. The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean better facilities for customers and be more cost effective. A spokesman said the closure follows a review o
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March.
The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean "better facilities for customers" and be more cost effective.
A spokesman said the closure follows a review "of service provision in the area since the opening of the multi purpose test centre in Kings Lynn in June 2008".
DSA says it will continue to meet waiting time targets as the facility at Kings Lynn can meet the demand after Wisbech closes on March 18.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "The closure is part of DSA's continuing programme to reduce costs by moving to an improved estate from which to offer practical driving and riding tests.
"The new multi-purpose test centres are modern, purpose-built, Disability Discrimination Act compliant centres, providing improved facilities for both customers and staff."
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 3 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 7 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
The agency added that the Wisbech test centre has no permanent staff.
• To email your comments click here