Wisbech set to close driving test centre from March with the promise of better service
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March. The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean better facilities for customers and be more cost effective. A spokesman said the closure follows a review o
WISBECH is to lose its driving test centre from March.
The decision was announced today by the Driving Standards Agency who claims it will mean "better facilities for customers" and be more cost effective.
A spokesman said the closure follows a review "of service provision in the area since the opening of the multi purpose test centre in Kings Lynn in June 2008".
DSA says it will continue to meet waiting time targets as the facility at Kings Lynn can meet the demand after Wisbech closes on March 18.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "The closure is part of DSA's continuing programme to reduce costs by moving to an improved estate from which to offer practical driving and riding tests.
"The new multi-purpose test centres are modern, purpose-built, Disability Discrimination Act compliant centres, providing improved facilities for both customers and staff."
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
The agency added that the Wisbech test centre has no permanent staff.
• To email your comments click here