Wisbech Sea Cadets first in the country to be Royal Society of St George affiliated
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Sea Cadets became the first in the country to be affiliated with the Royal Society of St George at a presentation evening.
The honour was presented to the group by national and international chairman Joanna Cadman to Lieutenant Jade Merson.
It took place at the annual sea cadet presentation evening for the unit on February 7, along with parents, carers and sponsors.
The cadets were rewarded for their efforts over the last 12 months and the evening also incorporated a raffle to raise funds for the unit.
Luke Hayes took one of the top honours of the night being named cadet of the year, while Daniel Dumpis was crowned junior cadet of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Sam Clarke also presented a cheque for £195 to the unit which he raised by completing a sponsored bike ride.
Wisbech Town Council's Mayor Cllr Michael Hill attended and said it was "a very informative and interesting evening".
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink