Wisbech Scouts donate TV to North Cambs Hospital ward
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Community Services NHS Trust’s Trafford Ward at North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech received a donation of a 19in digital HD-ready LCD TV from the town’s 14th Scout Group.
The TV was presented at the Scouts Hall by a former patient of Trafford Ward, Celia Garrod.
Nursing Staff were invited to the Scout Hall for the presentation, and everyone was treated with a barbecue cooked by the Scouts.
Sandra Dade, Ward Manager at the Trafford Ward, said: “We are extremely grateful for the wonderful gift of this TV from the 14th Scout Group of Wisbech.
“It will be wall mounted into one of our side rooms for patients to enjoy some entertainment whilst in our care.
You may also want to watch:
“We really enjoyed a terrific evening with the Scouts – the barbecue was tremendous.”
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election