Friends of Wisbech Grammar School will go to the Michaelmas ball – and £11,000 was raised
- Credit: Archant
The Friends’ of Wisbech Grammar School’s Michaelmas Ball took place in the Skelton Hall.
The evening took on a glamorous fairytale theme where the Friends’ held various fundraising events throughout the evening.
A year of planning and preparation by the committee ensured the evening was a magical night for the 200+ guests who attended.
Simon Rowe, KL.FM breakfast presenter, hosted the auction and various games where money was raised for both school projects to benefit pupils and the charity, Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
The school is committed to fundraising and community work and in the last year has raised a staggering £16,000 for various charities.
This year Little Scotty’s Soldiers has been selected as the chosen charity by Wisbech Grammar Prep School, and this year they will be holding further fundraising events throughout 2018 to support this great cause.
Guests also enjoyed live music from 80’s band ‘Wild boys’ and a delicious three-course dinner, prepared by the School’s catering team and served by 6th Form pupils.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
Louise O’Connor, chair of the friends’ committee, said: “The evening would not have been possible without the support of a whole range of people within and outside School, our sponsors, and the hard-working committee.
“A sum of £11,000 was raised, and we are also excited to announce that our fundraising efforts will continue into the New Year with a quiz where all the proceeds will go to Scotty’s Little Soldiers”.
Headmaster Chris Staley said: “A sincere thank you to the incredible friends’ committee for all the hard work that went into ensuring that the Michaelmas Ball was a fantastic success.”