Wisbech school prom organised by six year-old student raises over �800 for Children in Need
A SCHOOL prom night hosted by a six year-old girl has raised more than �800 for Children in Need.
Youngster Amelia Garfoot organised the event at Wisbech Grammar School, which saw students pay �10 a head to turn out in tuxedos and prom dresses.
Amelia, who is in her second year at the junior school, was helped by her mum, Lisa, who arranged complimentary hire of the disco.
“I’m so proud of her,” said Lisa. “I’m still going on about it. She’s a really good girl. She’s already planning what they are doing for next year.
“I would like to say thanks to all the local businesses for allowing every penny to go to charity. If it wasn’t for them we would never have done it.”
You may also want to watch:
The prom, which raised a grand total of �831.33, was held in the school’s Russell Hall.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online