Wisbech school prom organised by six year-old student raises over �800 for Children in Need
A SCHOOL prom night hosted by a six year-old girl has raised more than �800 for Children in Need.
Youngster Amelia Garfoot organised the event at Wisbech Grammar School, which saw students pay �10 a head to turn out in tuxedos and prom dresses.
Amelia, who is in her second year at the junior school, was helped by her mum, Lisa, who arranged complimentary hire of the disco.
“I’m so proud of her,” said Lisa. “I’m still going on about it. She’s a really good girl. She’s already planning what they are doing for next year.
“I would like to say thanks to all the local businesses for allowing every penny to go to charity. If it wasn’t for them we would never have done it.”
You may also want to watch:
The prom, which raised a grand total of �831.33, was held in the school’s Russell Hall.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family