Johnny Depp and Gene Wilder are just two leading performers for Willy Wonka - now joined by a group of young pupils from Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Wisbech school followed in some famous footsteps – not least Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp – with their latest production.
Magdalene House Preparatory School decided to dazzle the audience with their own performance of Willy Wonka.
Staff agreed the prep school pupils turned in a magical performance of Wonka’s Golden Ticket and parents and visitors agreed.
“The performance from our pupils left us with a great sense of pride as they sang, danced and acted this year’s production, Wonka’s Golden Tickets,” said Keryn Neaves, head of prep .
“The colourful array of costumes combined with the outstanding props and lighting made for a spectacular display showing our pupils’ finest talents.
You may also want to watch:
“The dedication of the staff to support our pupils in gaining the confidence to perform and reach their potential in this area of the curriculum is truly amazing and something I am so grateful for.”
She added: “It took a true team to put this show together and we could not have done it without the vision of Mrs Beck and the incredible efforts from our pupils, parents, and staff”.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road