Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visits Wisbech school to talk about writing career and debut novel
- Credit: Archant
Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visited Peckover Primary School in Wisbech to talk about his writing career and debut novel, ‘The Last Myon.’
It was recently turned into an audiobook and Rudi is currently writing his follow-up novel.
He told the Year 6 students about his career, which has included training as a bodyguard in Japan and then working on the X Factor.
During his visit to Peckover, Rudi gave the students writing and drawing challenges and their best illustrated character will make an appearance in one of his books.
The winner will receive their own copy.
You may also want to watch:
Student Kitya Balode said: “We could write whatever we wanted and had to weave at least one of his characters in there. Rudi is a great inspiration to everyone and we hope to see him again soon.’
Student Katya Haggett said: “It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I highly recommend buying his outstanding debut novel.”
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
Mr Jennings will be signing copies of his book at Wisbech Library on August 10 from 10.30am to 12noon.