Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visits Wisbech school to talk about writing career and debut novel
- Credit: Archant
Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visited Peckover Primary School in Wisbech to talk about his writing career and debut novel, ‘The Last Myon.’
It was recently turned into an audiobook and Rudi is currently writing his follow-up novel.
He told the Year 6 students about his career, which has included training as a bodyguard in Japan and then working on the X Factor.
During his visit to Peckover, Rudi gave the students writing and drawing challenges and their best illustrated character will make an appearance in one of his books.
The winner will receive their own copy.
Student Kitya Balode said: “We could write whatever we wanted and had to weave at least one of his characters in there. Rudi is a great inspiration to everyone and we hope to see him again soon.’
Student Katya Haggett said: “It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I highly recommend buying his outstanding debut novel.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
Mr Jennings will be signing copies of his book at Wisbech Library on August 10 from 10.30am to 12noon.