Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visits Wisbech school to talk about writing career and debut novel
- Credit: Archant
Fantasy author Rudi Jennings visited Peckover Primary School in Wisbech to talk about his writing career and debut novel, ‘The Last Myon.’
It was recently turned into an audiobook and Rudi is currently writing his follow-up novel.
He told the Year 6 students about his career, which has included training as a bodyguard in Japan and then working on the X Factor.
During his visit to Peckover, Rudi gave the students writing and drawing challenges and their best illustrated character will make an appearance in one of his books.
The winner will receive their own copy.
You may also want to watch:
Student Kitya Balode said: “We could write whatever we wanted and had to weave at least one of his characters in there. Rudi is a great inspiration to everyone and we hope to see him again soon.’
Student Katya Haggett said: “It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I highly recommend buying his outstanding debut novel.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Mr Jennings will be signing copies of his book at Wisbech Library on August 10 from 10.30am to 12noon.