WISBECH: Sam qualifies for Tesco Has Talent regional heats
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals. His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store s edition of the po
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals.
His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store's edition of the popular ITV television show.
He wowed the judges with his rendition of Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All.
He said: "I went for the old tear jerker and it paid off. This was the first time I've sung on stage, so it's pretty good really."
Sam won the Wisbech event at Wisbech Rugby Club, on Harecroft Road, in October.
He then competed in the regional finals in Norwich last month.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
He finished third at this stage and narrowly missed out on qualification to the national finals.
Sam, from Wisbech, said: "People have been telling me that I should try and take my singing further and see where I can go. I can't see why not, it could be a laugh.