WISBECH: Sam qualifies for Tesco Has Talent regional heats
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals. His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store s edition of the po
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals.
His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store's edition of the popular ITV television show.
He wowed the judges with his rendition of Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All.
He said: "I went for the old tear jerker and it paid off. This was the first time I've sung on stage, so it's pretty good really."
Sam won the Wisbech event at Wisbech Rugby Club, on Harecroft Road, in October.
He then competed in the regional finals in Norwich last month.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
He finished third at this stage and narrowly missed out on qualification to the national finals.
Sam, from Wisbech, said: "People have been telling me that I should try and take my singing further and see where I can go. I can't see why not, it could be a laugh.