WISBECH: Sam qualifies for Tesco Has Talent regional heats
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals. His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store s edition of the po
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals.
His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store's edition of the popular ITV television show.
He wowed the judges with his rendition of Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All.
He said: "I went for the old tear jerker and it paid off. This was the first time I've sung on stage, so it's pretty good really."
You may also want to watch:
Sam won the Wisbech event at Wisbech Rugby Club, on Harecroft Road, in October.
He then competed in the regional finals in Norwich last month.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
He finished third at this stage and narrowly missed out on qualification to the national finals.
Sam, from Wisbech, said: "People have been telling me that I should try and take my singing further and see where I can go. I can't see why not, it could be a laugh.