WISBECH: Sam qualifies for Tesco Has Talent regional heats
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals. His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store s edition of the po
TUNEFUL 23-year-old Sam Evans unveiled his hidden singing abilities when he qualified for the Tesco Has Talent regional finals.
His vocal harmonies have previously been refined to karaoke, but the warehouse worker won the Wisbech store's edition of the popular ITV television show.
He wowed the judges with his rendition of Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All.
He said: "I went for the old tear jerker and it paid off. This was the first time I've sung on stage, so it's pretty good really."
You may also want to watch:
Sam won the Wisbech event at Wisbech Rugby Club, on Harecroft Road, in October.
He then competed in the regional finals in Norwich last month.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
He finished third at this stage and narrowly missed out on qualification to the national finals.
Sam, from Wisbech, said: "People have been telling me that I should try and take my singing further and see where I can go. I can't see why not, it could be a laugh.