Wisbech’s Rose Fair returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Thousands will flock to Wisbech as East Anglia’s premier flower festival, the Rose Fair, returns this weekend.
The flower festival theme for 2016 is ‘The World of Fantasy’, which will bring together traditional flowers and exotic blooms for a breathtaking display.
Rose Fair, which is one of Wisbech Round Tables’ biggest fundraising events, will be kicking off with the first carnival parade at 11am on Saturday 2 with all the money being distributed to local, worthy causes.
There will also be floral displays in three other town centre churches, each with their own particular theme and character.
Organisers said: “During Rose Fair the whole town takes on a festive atmosphere, celebrating its horticultural heritage.
You may also want to watch:
“The jewel in the crown is our magnificent church of St Peter and St Paul - which celebrated its 900th anniversary in 2011.”
Rose Fair began in 1963 when local rose growers sold flower buds in the church gardens to raise funds for the restoration of the church.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
The Rose Fair is open until Sunday 3.