Wisbech’s Rose Fair returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Thousands will flock to Wisbech as East Anglia’s premier flower festival, the Rose Fair, returns this weekend.
The flower festival theme for 2016 is ‘The World of Fantasy’, which will bring together traditional flowers and exotic blooms for a breathtaking display.
Rose Fair, which is one of Wisbech Round Tables’ biggest fundraising events, will be kicking off with the first carnival parade at 11am on Saturday 2 with all the money being distributed to local, worthy causes.
There will also be floral displays in three other town centre churches, each with their own particular theme and character.
Organisers said: “During Rose Fair the whole town takes on a festive atmosphere, celebrating its horticultural heritage.
You may also want to watch:
“The jewel in the crown is our magnificent church of St Peter and St Paul - which celebrated its 900th anniversary in 2011.”
Rose Fair began in 1963 when local rose growers sold flower buds in the church gardens to raise funds for the restoration of the church.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
The Rose Fair is open until Sunday 3.