Video showing man’s head fully submerged in pothole sparks council action
- Credit: Archant
A pothole deep enough to fit a man’s head that formed in the middle of a road has been filled in by workmen.
The hole on Victoria Road, Wisbech, was causing havoc for motorists sparking a warning to cyclists that follow that route through the town.
Two men on social media decided to highlight the depth and size of the large pothole when they uploaded a hilarious video to social media.
One of the men can be seen with his head fully inside the hole in the road screaming: “My head’s stuck in a pothole”.
The video, shot by Craig Gardner, was in response to the cyclist warning issued on the Wisbech Discussion Forum Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
It may have started out as a joke but the clip appears to have achieved the result everyone wanted as within four days Cambridgeshire County Council filled it in.
A spokesman for the council confirmed the first report of the large hole came in on Thursday, August 2 and was filled in on Tuesday, August 7.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47