Video showing man’s head fully submerged in pothole sparks council action
- Credit: Archant
A pothole deep enough to fit a man’s head that formed in the middle of a road has been filled in by workmen.
The hole on Victoria Road, Wisbech, was causing havoc for motorists sparking a warning to cyclists that follow that route through the town.
Two men on social media decided to highlight the depth and size of the large pothole when they uploaded a hilarious video to social media.
One of the men can be seen with his head fully inside the hole in the road screaming: “My head’s stuck in a pothole”.
The video, shot by Craig Gardner, was in response to the cyclist warning issued on the Wisbech Discussion Forum Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
It may have started out as a joke but the clip appears to have achieved the result everyone wanted as within four days Cambridgeshire County Council filled it in.
A spokesman for the council confirmed the first report of the large hole came in on Thursday, August 2 and was filled in on Tuesday, August 7.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family