Video showing man’s head fully submerged in pothole sparks council action
- Credit: Archant
A pothole deep enough to fit a man’s head that formed in the middle of a road has been filled in by workmen.
The hole on Victoria Road, Wisbech, was causing havoc for motorists sparking a warning to cyclists that follow that route through the town.
Two men on social media decided to highlight the depth and size of the large pothole when they uploaded a hilarious video to social media.
One of the men can be seen with his head fully inside the hole in the road screaming: “My head’s stuck in a pothole”.
The video, shot by Craig Gardner, was in response to the cyclist warning issued on the Wisbech Discussion Forum Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
It may have started out as a joke but the clip appears to have achieved the result everyone wanted as within four days Cambridgeshire County Council filled it in.
A spokesman for the council confirmed the first report of the large hole came in on Thursday, August 2 and was filled in on Tuesday, August 7.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder