Wisbech’s Marshland High School celebrate students’ achievements at awards ceremony
MARSHLAND High School, in Wisbech, has recognised the achievements of its pupils at its annual awards and prizegiving ceremony.
A host of pupils were presented awards and certificates by Councillor Trevor Manley, Deputy Mayor of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
Notable winners included Abigail Rose, who was awarded the Governors’ Shield as well as the Humphrey Prize for Humanities, and Charlotte Baker, who won the Dawson Prize for Science and the Marshland High School Association Prize for Mathematics.
For a full list of winners see below.
Prizes – Individual Winners
You may also want to watch:
The Arlott Prize for Art: Holly Skinner
The Dawson Prize for Science: Charlotte Baker
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
The Whitear Prize for Science: Michael King
The McMullen Prize for Science: Ryan Leeks
The Herbert Engineering Prize for Design and Technology: Wayne Howat
The Bantoft Prize for English: Charlotte Ledwith
The Marshland High School Association Prize for Mathematics: Charlotte Baker
The Scully Prize for Humanities (History): Anthony Cassidy
The Humphrey Prize for Humanities (Geography): Abigail Rose
The Hurley Prize for Humanities (R.M.E.): Alan Dennis
The Nelson Prize for Modern Foreign Languages: Georgie Woolmer
The Hasler Prize for Drama: George Sutton
The Hill Prize for Music: Freya Angel
Cups and Trophies – Individual Winners
The Marshland High School Information Technology Shield: Kirsty Ramm
The Marshland High School Music Cup for Progress: Dominic Smith
Governors’ Shield for Achievement: Abigail Rose
The following students received Subject Commendations:
100% Attendance Awards:
Xue Song Yu
Service to the School Community Awards: