Wisbech’s Marshland High School celebrate students’ achievements at awards ceremony
MARSHLAND High School, in Wisbech, has recognised the achievements of its pupils at its annual awards and prizegiving ceremony.
A host of pupils were presented awards and certificates by Councillor Trevor Manley, Deputy Mayor of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
Notable winners included Abigail Rose, who was awarded the Governors’ Shield as well as the Humphrey Prize for Humanities, and Charlotte Baker, who won the Dawson Prize for Science and the Marshland High School Association Prize for Mathematics.
For a full list of winners see below.
Prizes – Individual Winners
You may also want to watch:
The Arlott Prize for Art: Holly Skinner
The Dawson Prize for Science: Charlotte Baker
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
The Whitear Prize for Science: Michael King
The McMullen Prize for Science: Ryan Leeks
The Herbert Engineering Prize for Design and Technology: Wayne Howat
The Bantoft Prize for English: Charlotte Ledwith
The Marshland High School Association Prize for Mathematics: Charlotte Baker
The Scully Prize for Humanities (History): Anthony Cassidy
The Humphrey Prize for Humanities (Geography): Abigail Rose
The Hurley Prize for Humanities (R.M.E.): Alan Dennis
The Nelson Prize for Modern Foreign Languages: Georgie Woolmer
The Hasler Prize for Drama: George Sutton
The Hill Prize for Music: Freya Angel
Cups and Trophies – Individual Winners
The Marshland High School Information Technology Shield: Kirsty Ramm
The Marshland High School Music Cup for Progress: Dominic Smith
Governors’ Shield for Achievement: Abigail Rose
The following students received Subject Commendations:
100% Attendance Awards:
Xue Song Yu
Service to the School Community Awards: