Wisbech Rugby Club’s Les Vassall Cup enjoys a successful return
- Credit: Archant
A golf day held in memory of a Wisbech Rugby Club stalwart had a successful re-launch last month.
The Les Vassall Cup, this year organised by Cliff Humphreys and Maria Taylor-Vassall, returned after three years and saw 12 teams go head-to-head in an 18-hole Stableford competition at Tydd St Giles Golf and Country Club.
The longest drive prize was won by Scotty Welscher, nearest to the pin was won by Peter Wheeler and Matt Goodwin triumphed in the putting competition. David Salmon’s team came out on top overall, with Team Martin finishing in second place.
Cliff Humphreys said: “I hope that everyone who took part enjoyed the day.
“A big thank you to Tydd Golf Club for allowing us to stage the event, their fantastic staff for all their help and to the many generous sponsors who help to make the day a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
“Without Maria’s intervention and hard work I do not think that the day would have been as successful as it was. The club and I owes Maria a great amount of thanks and gratitude.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 5 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic