Wisbech Rugby Club’s Les Vassall Cup enjoys a successful return
- Credit: Archant
A golf day held in memory of a Wisbech Rugby Club stalwart had a successful re-launch last month.
The Les Vassall Cup, this year organised by Cliff Humphreys and Maria Taylor-Vassall, returned after three years and saw 12 teams go head-to-head in an 18-hole Stableford competition at Tydd St Giles Golf and Country Club.
The longest drive prize was won by Scotty Welscher, nearest to the pin was won by Peter Wheeler and Matt Goodwin triumphed in the putting competition. David Salmon’s team came out on top overall, with Team Martin finishing in second place.
Cliff Humphreys said: “I hope that everyone who took part enjoyed the day.
“A big thank you to Tydd Golf Club for allowing us to stage the event, their fantastic staff for all their help and to the many generous sponsors who help to make the day a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
“Without Maria’s intervention and hard work I do not think that the day would have been as successful as it was. The club and I owes Maria a great amount of thanks and gratitude.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed