Community Fundraiser set to be bigger than ever, and they need YOUR help
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rugby Club is hosting a community fundraising day, and they want YOU to get involved.
The event will raise funds for the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre based at North Cambridgeshire Hospital in Wisbech.
The centre helps palliative care more comfortable for patients and their families and focuses on improving the quality of life for those going through the journey of terminal illness.
Mayor of Wisbech, Michael Hill, is scheduled to attend a fundraiser that will also play host to other activities throughout the day.
Live entertainment from Jo Manning and the Rock Choir, plus zumba, salsa and Samurai Shotokan karate are on show, as well as stalls, face-painting, inflatables, a stock car and an insanity class ran by the Hudson Leisure Centre for all to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser builds on last year's efforts whereby organiser Xyanthe Lambert arranged a Macmillan coffee morning at the town's Museum Square Dental Centre, raising a total of £600.
Speaking on this year's event, Xyanthe said: "Please come along and support this worthy cause and have some fun at what promises to be an amazing day."
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
It all takes place on Saturday, June 22 at Wisbech Rugby Club's base on Chapel Road between 10am-4pm.