Wisbech Round Table set for sponsored cycle ride with signed Jody Cundy shirt prize
PREPARATIONS have begun for Wisbech Round Table’s sponsored family cycle ride - where riders will have the chance to win a shirt signed by paralympic legend Jody Cundy.
The annual fundraising ride takes place on Sunday May 22, with all the money raised split between a host of community projects and good causes across Fenland.
The rider who collects the most sponsorship will be awarded a cycling shirt signed by five-time paralympic gold medallist Cundy and several other British cyclists.
The family cycle ride departs from Upwell Health Centre in Townley Close, Upwell. The 10-mile family ride leaves at noon, with the 25-mile ride leaving at 11.30am, the 50-mile ride at 10am and the 75-mile ride at 8.30am.
Last year, Wisbech Round Table - who also host the much-loved Rose Fair Parade - raised �9,500 for a multitude of worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists can enter the family ride by collecting just �10 of sponsorship. For more information and to download sponsorship and entry forms visit: www.wisbechroundtable.org/cycle
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor