Wisbech Round Table set for sponsored cycle ride with signed Jody Cundy shirt prize
PREPARATIONS have begun for Wisbech Round Table’s sponsored family cycle ride - where riders will have the chance to win a shirt signed by paralympic legend Jody Cundy.
The annual fundraising ride takes place on Sunday May 22, with all the money raised split between a host of community projects and good causes across Fenland.
The rider who collects the most sponsorship will be awarded a cycling shirt signed by five-time paralympic gold medallist Cundy and several other British cyclists.
The family cycle ride departs from Upwell Health Centre in Townley Close, Upwell. The 10-mile family ride leaves at noon, with the 25-mile ride leaving at 11.30am, the 50-mile ride at 10am and the 75-mile ride at 8.30am.
Last year, Wisbech Round Table - who also host the much-loved Rose Fair Parade - raised �9,500 for a multitude of worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists can enter the family ride by collecting just �10 of sponsorship. For more information and to download sponsorship and entry forms visit: www.wisbechroundtable.org/cycle
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 8 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff