Wisbech Round Table set for sponsored cycle ride with signed Jody Cundy shirt prize
PREPARATIONS have begun for Wisbech Round Table’s sponsored family cycle ride - where riders will have the chance to win a shirt signed by paralympic legend Jody Cundy.
The annual fundraising ride takes place on Sunday May 22, with all the money raised split between a host of community projects and good causes across Fenland.
The rider who collects the most sponsorship will be awarded a cycling shirt signed by five-time paralympic gold medallist Cundy and several other British cyclists.
The family cycle ride departs from Upwell Health Centre in Townley Close, Upwell. The 10-mile family ride leaves at noon, with the 25-mile ride leaving at 11.30am, the 50-mile ride at 10am and the 75-mile ride at 8.30am.
Last year, Wisbech Round Table - who also host the much-loved Rose Fair Parade - raised �9,500 for a multitude of worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists can enter the family ride by collecting just �10 of sponsorship. For more information and to download sponsorship and entry forms visit: www.wisbechroundtable.org/cycle
- 1 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide