WISBECH: Round Table bike ride raises in the region of �1,500 for charities and groups
WISBECH Round Table s inaugural Charity Bike Ride has been hailed a success and it is expected to have raised �1,500 for good causes. More than 40 cyclists took part, the most hardy and fit starting at 8.30am to complete the 75 mile course which took the
WISBECH Round Table's inaugural Charity Bike Ride has been hailed a success and it is expected to have raised �1,500 for good causes.
More than 40 cyclists took part, the most hardy and fit starting at 8.30am to complete the 75 mile course which took them past Leverington, Gorefield, Sutton St Edmunds and Parson Drove before finishing at the Hudson Sports Centre.
All the riders received a medal and certificate.
Young children and their parents had fun completing the 10 mile course.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst the final figures are yet to be counted, it is hoped the cyclists will raise around �1,500 for local groups and charities.
If you have a club, charity or organisation that can benefit from some extra help in these difficult times please send your written request to Mr Jason Bishop - Cherry Tree, Low Road, Elm, PE14 0DD.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
For further information about the event contact Wisbech Round Table C/O Simon Johnson - Simply Interiors, North End, Wisbech, PE13 1PE.