WISBECH: Round Table bike ride raises in the region of �1,500 for charities and groups
WISBECH Round Table s inaugural Charity Bike Ride has been hailed a success and it is expected to have raised �1,500 for good causes. More than 40 cyclists took part, the most hardy and fit starting at 8.30am to complete the 75 mile course which took the
WISBECH Round Table's inaugural Charity Bike Ride has been hailed a success and it is expected to have raised �1,500 for good causes.
More than 40 cyclists took part, the most hardy and fit starting at 8.30am to complete the 75 mile course which took them past Leverington, Gorefield, Sutton St Edmunds and Parson Drove before finishing at the Hudson Sports Centre.
All the riders received a medal and certificate.
Young children and their parents had fun completing the 10 mile course.
Whilst the final figures are yet to be counted, it is hoped the cyclists will raise around �1,500 for local groups and charities.
If you have a club, charity or organisation that can benefit from some extra help in these difficult times please send your written request to Mr Jason Bishop - Cherry Tree, Low Road, Elm, PE14 0DD.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
For further information about the event contact Wisbech Round Table C/O Simon Johnson - Simply Interiors, North End, Wisbech, PE13 1PE.