Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir charity concert raises over £2,000 for Make a Wish
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir staged a concert raising much needed funds for the Make a Wish charity – raising over £2,000 with more to come.
They performed at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech to a packed audience on Tuesday November 19. They also hosted a raffle to raise more funds.
Mike Tandy, one of the organisers, said: “The concert went really well, we’ve had lots of support from the community and from friends and family of the choir.
“It’s just been so much fun. I’d like to thank all of the staff at the Queen Mary Centre for making the night such a success.”
The choir practise every week at the venue in Wisbech but this is their second big concert at the Queen Mary Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mike has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the support given and predicts the money raised could top £3,000 after it’s finalised and the fund raising stops.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time