Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir charity concert raises over £2,000 for Make a Wish
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir staged a concert raising much needed funds for the Make a Wish charity – raising over £2,000 with more to come.
They performed at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech to a packed audience on Tuesday November 19. They also hosted a raffle to raise more funds.
Mike Tandy, one of the organisers, said: “The concert went really well, we’ve had lots of support from the community and from friends and family of the choir.
“It’s just been so much fun. I’d like to thank all of the staff at the Queen Mary Centre for making the night such a success.”
The choir practise every week at the venue in Wisbech but this is their second big concert at the Queen Mary Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mike has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the support given and predicts the money raised could top £3,000 after it’s finalised and the fund raising stops.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March