Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir charity concert raises over £2,000 for Make a Wish
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir staged a concert raising much needed funds for the Make a Wish charity – raising over £2,000 with more to come.
They performed at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech to a packed audience on Tuesday November 19. They also hosted a raffle to raise more funds.
Mike Tandy, one of the organisers, said: “The concert went really well, we’ve had lots of support from the community and from friends and family of the choir.
“It’s just been so much fun. I’d like to thank all of the staff at the Queen Mary Centre for making the night such a success.”
The choir practise every week at the venue in Wisbech but this is their second big concert at the Queen Mary Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mike has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the support given and predicts the money raised could top £3,000 after it’s finalised and the fund raising stops.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan