Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir charity concert raises over £2,000 for Make a Wish
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and West Norfolk Rock Choir staged a concert raising much needed funds for the Make a Wish charity – raising over £2,000 with more to come.
They performed at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech to a packed audience on Tuesday November 19. They also hosted a raffle to raise more funds.
Mike Tandy, one of the organisers, said: “The concert went really well, we’ve had lots of support from the community and from friends and family of the choir.
“It’s just been so much fun. I’d like to thank all of the staff at the Queen Mary Centre for making the night such a success.”
The choir practise every week at the venue in Wisbech but this is their second big concert at the Queen Mary Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mike has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the support given and predicts the money raised could top £3,000 after it’s finalised and the fund raising stops.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown