WISBECH: Robber chased out of shop by staff member brandishing a broom.
A MAN was chased out of a Wisbech shop he was trying to rob by a member of staff brandishing a broom.The offender entered Current Best Practice in Norfolk Street, at around 6.30pm on Saturday.The man s face was covered with a scarf as he produced what w
A MAN was chased out of a Wisbech shop he was trying to rob by a member of staff brandishing a broom.
The offender entered Current Best Practice in Norfolk Street, at around 6.30pm on Saturday.
The man's face was covered with a scarf as he produced what was described as a 12-inch blade. He threatened a member of shop staff, demanding money.
The male member of staff picked up a broom and chased the offender out of the store.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being around 18 to 20 and about 5'8" to 5'10". He wore a grey hooded top and black and white chequered trousers, with a scarf around his face.
Det Con Al Bassam, who is investigating, said: "This member of staff was very brave taking the actions that he did.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
"The offender ran out of the shop and turned right along Norfolk Street in the direction of the Wetherspoon's pub.
"I would like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing a man run in this direction, or anyone who saw someone loitering near to the shop before the attempted robbery."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Bassam at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.