WISBECH: Robber chased out of shop by staff member brandishing a broom.
A MAN was chased out of a Wisbech shop he was trying to rob by a member of staff brandishing a broom.The offender entered Current Best Practice in Norfolk Street, at around 6.30pm on Saturday.The man s face was covered with a scarf as he produced what w
A MAN was chased out of a Wisbech shop he was trying to rob by a member of staff brandishing a broom.
The offender entered Current Best Practice in Norfolk Street, at around 6.30pm on Saturday.
The man's face was covered with a scarf as he produced what was described as a 12-inch blade. He threatened a member of shop staff, demanding money.
The male member of staff picked up a broom and chased the offender out of the store.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being around 18 to 20 and about 5'8" to 5'10". He wore a grey hooded top and black and white chequered trousers, with a scarf around his face.
Det Con Al Bassam, who is investigating, said: "This member of staff was very brave taking the actions that he did.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
"The offender ran out of the shop and turned right along Norfolk Street in the direction of the Wetherspoon's pub.
"I would like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing a man run in this direction, or anyone who saw someone loitering near to the shop before the attempted robbery."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Bassam at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.