Wisbech resident treated for smoke inhalation after chimney catches fire

ONE person was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation on Saturday after their chimney caught alight.

Two crews from Wisbech were called to the blaze at Tinkers Drove in Wisbech at 7.05am. They extinguished the fire using chimney rods and a hose reel.

Crews returned to their station by 8am. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year as this will help prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus