Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
- Credit: Wisbech RBL
Royal British Legion in Wisbech got together for the first time since lockdown began in early 2020.
The first meeting attracted 24 members.
During the meeting Mr Bill Durrant was elected and invested as the new branch president by the deputy Lieutenant, Colonel Mark Kight MBE.
He also presented a national certificate to Bill and his wife Shirley for the many years of service and support they have given to the branch.
Col Knight said that Bill had been an example of the many volunteers who regularly put others before themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the RBL was forced to advise its veterans and members not to parade at the Wisbech War Memorial but to stand in the safety of their own homes wearing their military regalia at 11.00 hrs..
Wisbech branch meets on the third Monday for the month, at 7.30pm, at the ex-services Club, Alexandria Road, Wisbech PE13 1HQ
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 10 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’