Wisbech pupils sing everything from Beatles to Andrew Lloyd Webber as part of 7,000-strong Young Voices Choir
- Credit: Archant
Young singers from Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school were part of a mammoth choir at London’s O2 Arena.
Pupils at Magdalene House Preparatory School were among 7,000 boys and girls from around the nation performing in one of the largest school choir concerts in the world at Young Voices 2015.
The 36-strong Wisbech choir sang everything from The Beatles to Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Youngsters were asked to bring tins of food for the FareShare Charity and this year the participants were supporting Save the Children.
The preparatory school’s director of music, Marie Cunningham, said: “The atmosphere in the arena was amazing – and when the lights dimmed and the children shone their torches it really was quite magical.
You may also want to watch:
“We are exceptionally proud of the pupils’ dedication and commitment. Their singing was superb and it was a very tired but exhilarated group of young voices which returned to Magdalene House after an unforgettable day.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 7 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream