Wisbech pupils sing everything from Beatles to Andrew Lloyd Webber as part of 7,000-strong Young Voices Choir
- Credit: Archant
Young singers from Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school were part of a mammoth choir at London’s O2 Arena.
Pupils at Magdalene House Preparatory School were among 7,000 boys and girls from around the nation performing in one of the largest school choir concerts in the world at Young Voices 2015.
The 36-strong Wisbech choir sang everything from The Beatles to Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Youngsters were asked to bring tins of food for the FareShare Charity and this year the participants were supporting Save the Children.
The preparatory school’s director of music, Marie Cunningham, said: “The atmosphere in the arena was amazing – and when the lights dimmed and the children shone their torches it really was quite magical.
You may also want to watch:
“We are exceptionally proud of the pupils’ dedication and commitment. Their singing was superb and it was a very tired but exhilarated group of young voices which returned to Magdalene House after an unforgettable day.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family