World Book Day 2020: Pupils at Wisbech school join in the fun for celebration event
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in Wisbech donned their best costumes to mark World Book Day this week.
Pupils from Magdalene House Preparatory School dressed up as their much-loved characters to celebrate the annual event yesterday (March 5), as well as spending time to talk about the stories they find most interesting.
Keryn Neaves, senior deputy head at Magdalene House Preparatory School said: "We are keen to ensure all children enjoy reading and make story-sharing a part of their everyday lives.
"As referenced by World Book Day, reading for pleasure is in decline, so we are more than happy to support this initiative and spark the imagination of every pupil at our school.
"Our pupils embraced the day and the costumes were fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Neaves added: "A big thank you must go to families for supporting this event."
World Book Day aims to help children discover the pleasures of reading through having a book of their own.
- 1 Couple 'treated like criminals' despite disabled carer Covid-19 shopping rules
- 2 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating