World Book Day 2020: Pupils at Wisbech school join in the fun for celebration event
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in Wisbech donned their best costumes to mark World Book Day this week.
Pupils from Magdalene House Preparatory School dressed up as their much-loved characters to celebrate the annual event yesterday (March 5), as well as spending time to talk about the stories they find most interesting.
Keryn Neaves, senior deputy head at Magdalene House Preparatory School said: "We are keen to ensure all children enjoy reading and make story-sharing a part of their everyday lives.
"As referenced by World Book Day, reading for pleasure is in decline, so we are more than happy to support this initiative and spark the imagination of every pupil at our school.
"Our pupils embraced the day and the costumes were fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Neaves added: "A big thank you must go to families for supporting this event."
World Book Day aims to help children discover the pleasures of reading through having a book of their own.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors