World Book Day 2020: Pupils at Wisbech school join in the fun for celebration event
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in Wisbech donned their best costumes to mark World Book Day this week.
Pupils from Magdalene House Preparatory School dressed up as their much-loved characters to celebrate the annual event yesterday (March 5), as well as spending time to talk about the stories they find most interesting.
Keryn Neaves, senior deputy head at Magdalene House Preparatory School said: "We are keen to ensure all children enjoy reading and make story-sharing a part of their everyday lives.
"As referenced by World Book Day, reading for pleasure is in decline, so we are more than happy to support this initiative and spark the imagination of every pupil at our school.
"Our pupils embraced the day and the costumes were fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Neaves added: "A big thank you must go to families for supporting this event."
World Book Day aims to help children discover the pleasures of reading through having a book of their own.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run