World Book Day 2020: Pupils at Wisbech school join in the fun for celebration event
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in Wisbech donned their best costumes to mark World Book Day this week.
Pupils from Magdalene House Preparatory School dressed up as their much-loved characters to celebrate the annual event yesterday (March 5), as well as spending time to talk about the stories they find most interesting.
Keryn Neaves, senior deputy head at Magdalene House Preparatory School said: "We are keen to ensure all children enjoy reading and make story-sharing a part of their everyday lives.
"As referenced by World Book Day, reading for pleasure is in decline, so we are more than happy to support this initiative and spark the imagination of every pupil at our school.
"Our pupils embraced the day and the costumes were fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Neaves added: "A big thank you must go to families for supporting this event."
World Book Day aims to help children discover the pleasures of reading through having a book of their own.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late