Could you bring Wisbech’s story to the Royal Albert Hall and present an awards event alongside Sir Lenny Henry?
- Credit: Archant
Could you bring the story of Wisbech to the Royal Albert Hall in London? Anglian Water is looking for three talented young presenters to act as co-hosts for Business in the Community’s annual Responsible Business Awards on July 3.
The winner will get to present the awards with Sir Lenny Henry on the night and be given training to improve their hosting skills. Travel will be covered and an overnight stay in London is available if required.
The winners will also receive a video package of the evening to take home with them.
A spokesman said: “We have been involved with Wisbech since 2012 where we committed to making a difference to various aspects of the town including the community, environment and education and skills.
“This has evolved over the years and Wisbech is now one of the main focus points of the entire awards night to demonstrate that when a business shows commitment and pride in a specific place, then long lasting positive change can be made.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to bring Wisbech’s story to London.”
To enter the competition, create and submit a short video (two minutes maximum) to showcase why you should be chosen as one of the three winners.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 4 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
The entry could be a video of you interviewing someone else, performing a monologue or explaining why you want to present the Responsible Business Awards.
Then email the video to YouthTalent@anglianwater.co.uk or upload it to your YouTube channel as an ‘unlisted’ link.
Along with a video, download and complete the competition entry form and attach it to an email as part of the entry.
Entries will be shortlisted, and the shortlist will be judged by a panel of people from Anglian Water and Business in the Community who will then pick the three final winners.
The winners will be notified from June 8 via their email address or their parent or guardian’s email supplied on the entry form.
The competition is not open to Anglian Water employees. You must be 16 at the time of entry and only one entry can be made per person.
Entering is confirmation that you are available for the event on July 3 and you must have your parent or guardians consent to apply.
Visit https://media.anglianwater.co.uk/wisbechcomp/ for full terms and conditions of the competition.