WISBECH: Posties turn pink for the day to boost breast cancer charity
POSTIES in Wisbech who turned pink saw their charity efforts turn well into the black by raising nearly £700 for breast cancer awareness. Some 20 or so staff took up the challenge from postie Carolyn Maxey to help raise money for the charity. And not onl
POSTIES in Wisbech who turned pink saw their charity efforts turn well into the black by raising nearly £700 for breast cancer awareness.
Some 20 or so staff took up the challenge from postie Carolyn Maxey to help raise money for the charity.
And not only did the staff get to have fun and raise money for charity, their bosses are set to double the total to hand to breast cancer awareness.
"The details were in our monthly staff magazine," said Carolyn. "I said to everyone what about it and they agreed we should go pink for the day."
You may also want to watch:
"Royal Mail agreed to match the amount we raised, so its' been a superb effort."
"Everyone who took part is well happy with the result and really chuffed," she said. "But the real stars are the people of Wisbech who gave so generously. Thanks to them we raised this sum of money."
- 1 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 4 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 5 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 6 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 7 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 8 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 9 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls
- 10 My family of 10 would have made light work of lockdown in the 50s