WISBECH POST OFFICE PREPARES FOR THE LONG HAUL IN FIGHT TO STAY OPEN
EXCLUSIVE By LOUISE HUGHES A FAMILY have launched a campaign to keep their threatened post office branch open in their Wisbech newsagent. Ranjit Karavadra, who helps his parents at Harecroft Road Newsagent and post office, is appealing for help to save
By LOUISE HUGHES
A FAMILY have launched a campaign to keep their threatened post office branch open in their Wisbech newsagent.
Ranjit Karavadra, who helps his parents at Harecroft Road Newsagent and post office, is appealing for help to save their business.
You may also want to watch:
Their small branch will be earmarked for closure in an announcement due from the Post Office on Tuesday.
"People use us because the main post office branch in Norfolk Street is always so busy," said Ranjit.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
"Because of their long queues, people use us to post parcels and letters.
"Closing the post office down will not only be devastating for us, it will be devastating for the local community.
"Our post office brings in a lot of extra business to the newsagent and we'll struggle to survive without it."
Ranjit's father Hajan Maiya, mother Usha and sister Nisha have worked in the business which they have owned for four years.
He plans to cover the shop in campaign banners, distribute leaflets and collect signatures from local residents for a petition.
Ranjit added: "We will do whatever it takes to stay open.
"A lot of local post offices are also independent businesses and everyone is under a lot of pressure at the moment.
"We hope our campaigning is successful and we can continue to serve the public."
Set for a campaign to stay open is Hajan and Usha Maiya 6914BP78