WISBECH: Police warn of A47 closure at Wisbech on Thursday to allow for jury visit to crime scene
POLICE are advising motorists of possible traffic disruption tomorrow morning. (Thursday) This closure is to allow the judge and jury of an on-going Norwich Crown Court case to visit the scene of an incident on the A47 Wisbech bypass near to the Cambridge
POLICE are advising motorists of possible traffic disruption tomorrow morning. (Thursday)
This closure is to allow the judge and jury of an on-going Norwich Crown Court case to visit the scene of an incident on the A47 Wisbech bypass near to the Cambridgeshire and Norfolk border.
The A47 will be closed in both directions for up to an hour starting at approximately 10:15am.
A fully signed diversion route will be in place throughout the closure directing traffic through Wisbech via the B198 and A1101.
Norfolk Police, Highways Agency and Norfolk and Cambridgeshire County Councils are working together to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum and diversions will be in place throughout the closure.
It is expected that the route will be busy and drivers are advised to avoid the area during the closure times if they can.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
The closure is due to commence at 10:15am tomorrow and is not expected to last any longer than an hour.