WISBECH: Police warn of A47 closure at Wisbech on Thursday to allow for jury visit to crime scene
POLICE are advising motorists of possible traffic disruption tomorrow morning. (Thursday) This closure is to allow the judge and jury of an on-going Norwich Crown Court case to visit the scene of an incident on the A47 Wisbech bypass near to the Cambridge
POLICE are advising motorists of possible traffic disruption tomorrow morning. (Thursday)
This closure is to allow the judge and jury of an on-going Norwich Crown Court case to visit the scene of an incident on the A47 Wisbech bypass near to the Cambridgeshire and Norfolk border.
The A47 will be closed in both directions for up to an hour starting at approximately 10:15am.
A fully signed diversion route will be in place throughout the closure directing traffic through Wisbech via the B198 and A1101.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police, Highways Agency and Norfolk and Cambridgeshire County Councils are working together to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum and diversions will be in place throughout the closure.
It is expected that the route will be busy and drivers are advised to avoid the area during the closure times if they can.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
The closure is due to commence at 10:15am tomorrow and is not expected to last any longer than an hour.