WISBECH: Police officer seriously injured when dealing with a fracas close to house fire
A POLICE officer suffered a serious arm injury while dealing with a fracas close to where firefighters were tackling a house fire in Wisbech. Two police officers were sent to the scene of the fire, in Norwich Road in the early hours of Saturday, and went t
A POLICE officer suffered a serious arm injury while dealing with a fracas close to where firefighters were tackling a house fire in Wisbech.
Two police officers were sent to the scene of the fire, in Norwich Road in the early hours of Saturday, and went to deal with a confrontation nearby between two men.
As the injured officer, a Pc, attempted to arrest one of the men he fell to the ground and sustained the injury. He was taken to hospital for treatment but later discharged.
The incident took place at about 1.45am, in the area of Norwich Road and Duke Street.
You may also want to watch:
A 28-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and will answer police bail next Tuesday (March 10).
Detectives want to speak to anyone who saw the fracas taking place.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
Det Sgt David Simpson, from Wisbech Police Station, said: "We know there were other people in the area at the time, including a couple, and I would appeal for them to come forward. They may have important information."
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Simpson on 0845 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.