WISBECH: Police officer seriously injured when dealing with a fracas close to house fire
A POLICE officer suffered a serious arm injury while dealing with a fracas close to where firefighters were tackling a house fire in Wisbech. Two police officers were sent to the scene of the fire, in Norwich Road in the early hours of Saturday, and went t
A POLICE officer suffered a serious arm injury while dealing with a fracas close to where firefighters were tackling a house fire in Wisbech.
Two police officers were sent to the scene of the fire, in Norwich Road in the early hours of Saturday, and went to deal with a confrontation nearby between two men.
As the injured officer, a Pc, attempted to arrest one of the men he fell to the ground and sustained the injury. He was taken to hospital for treatment but later discharged.
The incident took place at about 1.45am, in the area of Norwich Road and Duke Street.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and will answer police bail next Tuesday (March 10).
Detectives want to speak to anyone who saw the fracas taking place.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 7 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 8 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 9 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 10 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
Det Sgt David Simpson, from Wisbech Police Station, said: "We know there were other people in the area at the time, including a couple, and I would appeal for them to come forward. They may have important information."
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Simpson on 0845 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.