WISBECH: Police investigate assault on woman outside convenience store
A WOMAN was assaulted and threatened as she stood outside a convenience store in Wisbech.The 37-year-old victim was in Norwich Road when she was approached by two men at about 8.30pm last Tuesday (July 7).They pulled her hair before shouting at her in R
A WOMAN was assaulted and threatened as she stood outside a convenience store in Wisbech.
The 37-year-old victim was in Norwich Road when she was approached by two men at about 8.30pm last Tuesday (July 7).
They pulled her hair before shouting at her in Russian and Latvian. She was not seriously hurt but was left shaken and upset by the attack.
A woman passing by tried to intervene and the men, who are white and in their 30s, made off towards Walsoken.
You may also want to watch:
DC Emily Clarke, investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who was in Norwich Road when this attack, which we are treating as an isolated incident, took place.
"It is a busy road and the victim, who has dyed blonde hair, was stood outside a shop near the Three Tuns pub.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
"I would particularly like to speak to the woman who intervened because I am confident she will have important information for this investigation."
• Contact DC Clarke on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.