WISBECH: Police hunt for the seven attackers - including three women- who set upon 21 year old man
FOUR men and three women attacked a 21 year old man as he walked along Churchill Road, Wisbech. Details of the attack- which happened on Monday night- were released today by police as they stepped up the hunt for witnesses. The incident happened at 9.30pm
FOUR men and three women attacked a 21 year old man as he walked along Churchill Road, Wisbech.
Details of the attack- which happened on Monday night- were released today by police as they stepped up the hunt for witnesses.
The incident happened at 9.30pm and one of the men grabbed his phone and the victim snatched it back dropping it on the floor.
The victim was sending a text when he was approached by the seven assailants and as he bent down to pick up the phone, one of the men kicked him in the head. The rest of the group then started to punch and kick the victim.
You may also want to watch:
The victim suffered slight injuries in the attack and was later treated at Queen Elizabeth hospital in Kings Lynn.
One of the men is described as white, aged between 16 and 20, 5'7" with short blond spiky hair and a slim build. He was wearing a black top with a red band across the chest, dark trousers and trainers.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
The driver of a blue Peugeot 306 stopped at the time of the attack to ask if the victim was ok and the offenders ran off towards Norfolk Street.
PC Claire Forrester, investigating, said: "We would like to speak to the driver of the blue Peugeot who stopped at the time of the attack.
"We would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen this attack take place or the offenders running away towards Norfolk Street."
Anyone with information should contact PC Forrester at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.