Police give chase to catch youngsters who threw eggs at motorists in Wisbech - they think they now know who some of them are
- Credit: Archant
Police offered a hint today they know the identity of some of the group of youths who hurled eggs at passing traffic in Wisbech.
The incident happened yesterday (Sunday) morning as police were out on patrol in the Park Road and William Road area of the town.
“Twenty youths aged 15-19 thought it funny to throw eggs at passing cars,” said a police spokesman.
Officers chased the culprits but were unable to catch them at the time but all is not lost.
Last night the Police Fenland Facebook page posted: “Information has been gained tonight following our foot chase with them.”
You may also want to watch:
“This area will be receiving more attention from my team and any offenders will be robustly dealt with.”
It was a busy day in the area with local police called to Leverington to try to find riders on off-road bikes damaging Roman Bank.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
“There were soon seen today but this work will continue,” said the police spokesman.
Elsewhere police said they worked with rapid response colleagues in Wisbech to arrest “a violent male” on Norfolk Street.
“And they attended a violent assault with our response colleagues on South Brink and safeguarded a vulnerable victim.
“Proactive patrols in the town also resulted in the arrest of a male wanted on warrant for four offences.”