Two hours into the New Year and police come across stabbing victim in Wisbech street
- Credit: Archant
Two hours into the New Year a man was stabbed outside a sports bar and nightclub in Wisbech.
Police have confirmed that at 1.55 on New Year's Day police "came across" a man outside the VIP Lounge and Kennedy's Sports Bar with stab wound injuries.
A police spokesman said: "At about 1.55am on Wednesday January 1, officers on patrol came across an injured man outside a sports bar in Chapel Road, Wisbech.
"Officers attended and found a man in his 20s with a stab wound to the leg. He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth hospital, King's Lynn, by the ambulance service for treatment.
"No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting incident 114 of January 1."
A local resident said they had spoken to people locally who were "confident" the incident had been captured on CCTV.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
No information has been provided on how the victim received his injuries.